Runners and walkers start your training now for a very worthy 5K coming on April 20th at 8:30am at John Rudy State Park. All of the proceeds of this race will go to one very special little guy, Joey Duffy. Joey is a 2 year-old boy who was recently diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Joey will be having a bone marrow transplant in early 2013 at John Hopkins. This will require Joey to remain in the hospital and then live nearby for several months.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
In York we are blessed with great teachers and great schools, both public and private. As we approach the mid-way point in the school year many private schools gear up for their open house season; let the tours begin! Since I have been seeing a LOT of posts about them I thought I would make a quick list, with links, to the individual schools and their websites. Keep in mind this is NOT about advocating one school over another, I know people in both public and private schools that are extremely pleased with their schools and I support them all! If anyone has any questions about any of these schools feel free to post something on the Facebook page, Mom's Around York, or ask me personally and I can have a contact person get a hold of you.
- St. Patrick Catholic School of York- Open House January 27th from 11am-1pm
- St. Joseph School of York- Open House January 27th from 1-2:30pm and January 30th from 6:30pm-8pm
- St. Rose of Lima- Open House January 27th from 12:00pm-2:00pm
- St. Joseph School of Dallastown- Open House January 27th at 2pm
- York Country Day School- Open House February 10th from 1-3:00pm
- Christian School of York- Prospective Parent Open House: January 17th at 9:00am, March 20th at 9:00am and 6:00pm, April 23rd at 9:00am and May 16th at 9:00am
- York Academy Regional Charter School- Information Meetings: January 9th at 6:00pm, January 15th at 4:00pm, and January 19th at 11:00am
- York Catholic High School- Open House and Science Fair January 13th from 12:00pm-2:00pm