- Meet the Easter Bunny at Brown's Orchard March 23rd (11:30am-2pm), 24th (11:30-2pm) and the 30th (10am-noon and 12:30-2pm)
- Muffins with the Easter Bunny at Brown's Orchard March 23rd 9-11am
- Easter Egg Scramble at Stauffer's of Kissel Hill (all garden centers) March 23rd, 9am for 1-3 year olds and 9:30am for 4-6 year olds.
- Royal Manchester Golf Links will host a breakfast with the Easter Bunny March 23rd and 30th at 9am. Reservations are required. $14.95/adults, $9.95/kids (4-12) and kids under 4 eat free.
- Macklin's Cafe is hosting an Easter Cupcake Decorating Class for kids on March 23rd 9:30am-10:30am. There is a fee and reservations are required.
- York Township will be hosting a Canine Egg Hunt, a Children's Egg Hunt (ages 1-10) and a Flashlight Egg Hunt for kids (11-18). All events are on the 23rd of March. Tickets are required and this year they are $3/child. ($1 for the dogs)
- Atomic Bounce is hosting an Easter Bunny Bounce March 24th from 10am-noon. The cost is $8, which includes 5 Easter eggs. (Bring your camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny!)
- The City of York will hold it's 38th annual Easter Egg Hunt March 23rd from 1:00-3:00pm at Kiwanis Lake/Farquhar Park. This is for kids 8 and under.
- Nixon Park will host a natural egg dyeing event on Friday March 29th from 9:30am-11:30am. The event is $2 and registration is required. (bring your own eggs too!)
- Fairmount Park in Red Lion will host the Red Lion Easter Egg Hunt March 30th at noon. No registration is required!
- Windsor Area Recreation will have their Easter Party March 30th, but registration is required by the 22nd, at 11am. (come 15 minutes early to meet the Easter Bunny!)
- Dover Township will hold its Easter Egg Hunt March 23rd, 10am, at Lehr Park. Check the link for start times by age group.
- Bogey Macaw's will have an Easter Day brunch, with the Easter Bunny on site, and stick around for the egg hunt at 1pm. Reservations are a must!
Monday, March 18, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Many of you may know that Theodor Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss, was a prolific children's author and a much celebrated figure in American history. But, did you also know that on his birthday many stores, libraries and kids museums celebrate "Read Across America" in honor of his work/dedication to make books fun for kids? Fortunately we have some Seuss enthusiasts in our area that are geared up for a fun Saturday, and your kids should join in on the fun!
- Martin Library will host a Read Across America Celebration from 10-11am for kids of all ages, with a special appearance from The Cat in the Hat himself!
- The Arthur Hufnagel Library in Glen Rock with host a Dr. Seuss and Donuts open house from 9:30-11:30am, with donuts and stories.
- Northeastern High School's National Honor Society will host a Read Across America night, tonight, from 5-8pm at the Friendly's on Loucks Rd. in York. Students will read books, do some face painting and there will be a meet-and-greet with "Dr. Seuss".
- The Cat in the Hat will visit kids at the East Berlin Community Library Thursday night after games and activities at 6:30pm. Bring your camera!!
- Red Land Community Library will celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday on Monday March 4th at 10:30am with cake and songs at their regularly scheduled story time.
- The Railroad Museum of PA will host a breakfast with the conductor and catcher on Saturday the 2nd at 8:30am in Strasburg (for you early risers!). Here is the link to the flier, reservations are required! http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visitors/BreakfastWithConductor-ReadAcrossAmericaDay.pdf
- Michael's craft store on Pleasant Valley Rd. in York will have their regular Kids Club from 10am-12pm featuring a special Read Across America craft! The cost for this class is $2, to register contact the store at 717-600-2512.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Runners and walkers start your training now for a very worthy 5K coming on April 20th at 8:30am at John Rudy State Park. All of the proceeds of this race will go to one very special little guy, Joey Duffy. Joey is a 2 year-old boy who was recently diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Joey will be having a bone marrow transplant in early 2013 at John Hopkins. This will require Joey to remain in the hospital and then live nearby for several months.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
In York we are blessed with great teachers and great schools, both public and private. As we approach the mid-way point in the school year many private schools gear up for their open house season; let the tours begin! Since I have been seeing a LOT of posts about them I thought I would make a quick list, with links, to the individual schools and their websites. Keep in mind this is NOT about advocating one school over another, I know people in both public and private schools that are extremely pleased with their schools and I support them all! If anyone has any questions about any of these schools feel free to post something on the Facebook page, Mom's Around York, or ask me personally and I can have a contact person get a hold of you.
- St. Patrick Catholic School of York- Open House January 27th from 11am-1pm
- St. Joseph School of York- Open House January 27th from 1-2:30pm and January 30th from 6:30pm-8pm
- St. Rose of Lima- Open House January 27th from 12:00pm-2:00pm
- St. Joseph School of Dallastown- Open House January 27th at 2pm
- York Country Day School- Open House February 10th from 1-3:00pm
- Christian School of York- Prospective Parent Open House: January 17th at 9:00am, March 20th at 9:00am and 6:00pm, April 23rd at 9:00am and May 16th at 9:00am
- York Academy Regional Charter School- Information Meetings: January 9th at 6:00pm, January 15th at 4:00pm, and January 19th at 11:00am
- York Catholic High School- Open House and Science Fair January 13th from 12:00pm-2:00pm