With only a few weeks of summer left, can you believe it, there are still a lot of opportunities to get involved in local camps. Here are just a few options that I found, that are still available, with a little more research I bet you can find more!
1. York Suburban Summer Enrichment Camps and Classes- offered by Yorks Suburban Community Education for children. Visit: www.ysd.org and click on "communities" for more information.
2. York Jewish Community Center- Summer camps for kids aged 3 to 14 years old. Call 843-0918 or visit them online at www.yorkjcc.org for more information. Camps available include themed camps, sports camps, cheerleading and dance camps.
3. Tumbletown at the York Galleria- Offers camps for kids 2-10 years old, every Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am-1:30pm, now through August 17th. Call for more details; 600-2362
4. Camp Spirit- Sponsored by the YMCA of York. This camp runs daily, M-F, from 9:00am-3:30pm. Camp Spirit is available for kids who have finished Kindergarten through age 15. For more information call 292-5622 ex.35 or 755-7144. Or visit www.yorkymca.org. The cost is $125 per week for members and $150 for program members.
5. YMCA York- There are two camps sponsored by the YMCA. For the younger set, ages 5-7, there is a Summer Explorers Camp. For kids 7-15 Camp Cann-Edi-On is ready and set, with canoeing, hiking, swimming and more. Please call 366-1073 for more on either camp or visit www.ywcayork.org
6. Little Spartans Day Camp- Sponsored by York Country Day School, this is either a half-day camp or full-day camp available Monday through Friday for boys and girls aged 6-11. Contact Jim Mustard at 815-6715 for more information.
7. York Little Theater's Stages School of Theatre Arts- Classes available for children ages 5-13 weekdays and ages 6 through adult evenings and weekends. Classes cover all aspects of theater life, from performance, to makeup, to lighting. For more details call 854-3894 or visit www.ylt.org
8. Greater York Dance- There are still dance camps available for tiny tots aged 3 up to ballerinas aged 18. Call 755-6683 or visit www.gydance.org for more information.